Furnace Repair in York, PA, And Surrounding Areas
As the weather starts to turn cold, a functioning furnace is crucial to keeping your home comfortable and safe. A furnace is a device that heats your home by circulating hot air through your ducts. If your furnace is not working properly, it can lead to uncomfortable temperatures, higher energy bills, and even safety hazards. Contact Advance HAWS today to schedule your HVAC consultation, and we will help you address your furnace problem before they become a bigger hassle.
What is a Furnace Good For?
A furnace is a central heating system designed to keep your home warm during winter. Furnaces work by heating air and then distributing it through your home using a system of ducts. Furnaces come in different sizes and types.
Gas furnaces are the most common type of furnace fueled by natural gas. Electric furnaces are powered by electricity and are ideal for homes that do not have access to natural gas. Oil furnaces are powered by heating oil and are most common in areas where natural gas is unavailable.
Signs That Show Something is Failing in Your Furnace
There are several signs that your furnace may not be working correctly. Here are a few common signs that indicate you may need furnace repair in York, PA:
- Strange Noises: If you hear unusual noises from your furnace, such as banging, squealing, or rattling, it may indicate a problem with the motor, blower, or other components.
- Uneven Heating: If some rooms in your home are warmer than others, or if you notice cold spots, it may indicate that your furnace is not distributing heat evenly throughout your home.
- Higher Energy Bills: If your energy bills are higher than usual, it may indicate that your furnace is working harder than it should be to keep your home warm.
- Poor Air Quality: If you notice increased dust, dirt, or other particles in the air, it may indicate that your furnace is not filtering the air properly.
What Homeowners Should Do When They Notice a Furnace Problem
If you notice any of the signs listed above, it is crucial to take action right away to prevent further damage and ensure your safety. Here are a few steps you should take when you notice a furnace problem:
- Turn Off the Furnace: If you notice a problem with your furnace, turn it off immediately to prevent further damage or safety hazards.
- Check the Thermostat: Ensure the thermostat is set to the correct temperature and the batteries are not dead.
- Check the Air Filter: A dirty or clogged air filter can cause your furnace to work harder than it should. Check the filter and replace it if necessary.
- Call a Professional: If you cannot diagnose or fix the problem yourself, it is important to call a professional furnace repair service in York, PA. Our technicians at Advance HAWS can diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs.
Reach Out Today!
If you notice a problem with your furnace, it is vital to act quickly to prevent further damage and ensure your safety. Advance HAWS offers comprehensive furnace repair services in York, PA, to keep your home warm and comfortable. Contact us today to schedule your appointment or to learn more about our services.