Water Heater in York, PA, and the Surrounding Areas
When winter approaches, one of the most important appliances in your home is the water heater. A malfunctioning water heater can disrupt your daily routine and cause significant damage to your property. If you’re looking for reliable water heater services in York, PA, and the surrounding areas, look no further than Advance HAWS. Our team of knowledgeable technicians can quickly diagnose and repair any water heater issues, ensuring that your home stays warm and comfortable all winter long. Contact our professionals today to address the issue with your water heater system!
Common Water Heater Malfunctions
There are several reasons why your water heater might malfunction. In York, PA, some of the most common issues homeowners experience are:
- No Hot Water: This is the most common problem with water heaters. If your water heater isn’t producing hot water, it could be due to a faulty heating element or thermostat.
- Leaking Tank: If you notice water pooling around the base of your water heater, there’s a good chance that the tank is leaking. This can be caused by corrosion or damage to the tank.
- Strange Noises: If your water heater starts making strange noises, like popping or rumbling, it could be due to a buildup of sediment in the tank. This can cause the heating element to overwork, leading to premature failure.
- Pilot Light Issues: If your water heater runs on gas, it could be due to an issue with the pilot light. This could be caused by a faulty thermocouple or gas valve.
Preventing Water Heater Malfunctions
While it’s impossible to prevent all water heater malfunctions, there are several things that homeowners can do to reduce the risk of problems. Here are some tips:
- Regular Maintenance: One of the best ways to prevent water heater issues is to schedule regular maintenance with a professional. This will ensure that your water heater is running efficiently and that any potential problems are identified before they become major issues.
- Flushing the Tank: Over time, sediment can build up in the tank, leading to decreased efficiency and potential damage to the heating element. Flushing the tank once a year can help prevent these issues.
- Adjusting the Temperature: If your water heater is set too high, it can waste energy and lead to scalding. Adjusting the temperature to 120 degrees Fahrenheit can help prevent these issues.
- Installing an Expansion Tank: If you have a closed plumbing system, installing an expansion tank can help prevent damage to your water heater caused by thermal expansion.
If you’re experiencing issues with your water heater in York, PA, it’s crucial to call a professional to diagnose and repair the problem. At Advance HAWS, we have the experience, knowledge, and tools to get your water heater back up and running quickly.
Plus, our preventative maintenance tips can help you avoid future issues and keep your home comfortable all winter. Contact us today to schedule a water heater service appointment or to learn more about our other plumbing and HVAC services.
We Provide Water Heater Services In: